ENG2010 - 學術寫作英語
This Module is designed for university freshmen to prepare them for the essential understanding of existing research materials and the production of literature-supported essays for academic purposes. Through analysis of and exposure to various authentic research writings, students are expected to grasp the basic language and structure of academic writing. In particular, the Module discusses the nature and language of academic writing via a number of topics, including the structure and language of academic essays, the structure and language of research reports, the proper use of research resources, the expression of own ideas and the language for citation and referencing.
Upon completion of this module, students should be able to:
- extract and interpret information from research writing;
- write an abstract for a piece of research;
- use proper citations and referencing;
- compose a consistent and well-formatted bibliography; and
- produce a research report.